Saturday, April 10, 2010

30 Days to Success?

Yes I know it's been a while since I've documented my adventurous soul seeking life...but unfortunately I live in the reality world called "you take out loans for school, then you better focus on school." So school is coming down to the wire but I wanted to post on my blog before it because a thing of the past.

How many of us say I want to lost weight? Come on raise your hands!!! I'll be honest with you I say that all the time. So being a brave new person I thought I changed my tactic...I'm going to eat healthier. But then the question arised in my head how can I eat any healthier if I'm already a vegetarian. So back to the drawing board....I'm going to "incorporate better eating habits" (side note, I'm a vegetarian but I consider french fries to be health vegetables) and exercising (after all I did have open heart surgery so I should be working out my cardiac muscles).

So I hear 30 Day is all it takes to getting into a new habit. With that being said 30 days is not long..that's a month...not hard people! SIKE!!!! 2 Days into my HEALTHY EATING EXERCISE VOYAGE and I was back to eating chips and pop as a snack. I don't get it. So a week later I packed my backpack with gym clothes; after school I was going to go to the gym...Boy oh boy I tell you class from 9-2 that's a killer, I think I'll skip the gym and go home and take a nap. Yup that's what I did for the past three weeks. Now that finals are coming well that a more perfect excuse not to work out, right?

So how does this relate to soul searching and living an adventurous life? I've realized that yes I'm a vegetarian and yes I love to eat but I hate new things. I hate getting a cookbook with no pictures or it having some odd ingredient that I've never even heard before. And in all honest how can I say I want to experience life if I can't even try to make a simple recipes in my own apartment. I mean what will I do when I travel to some country and the real authentic food is on my plate. Am I gonna pack veggie burgers in my travel case? NO. I'm not saying that tomorrow I'm going to wake up and eat everything foreign and exercising like a triathlon, but I think being open-minded and incorporate some daily exercise will be a start. I think anyone who says I'm going to "diet" or "lose weigt" has to take it slow, we have to take baby steps before we run. I have to start somewhere and I much rather start here at this point then lower on the pole. Happy eating and exercising!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment